Paper & Pearl Ex*
©2008 Monica Black
*links go to www.quietfiredesign.ca
product link will open a new window. When you are finished looking
at the new page, just close it and you will return here!
Base paper is black cardstock for this sample.
You will get different effects with white or other colors of
- Brush on a layer of Golden Acrylic Glazing Medium (or plain
white glue such as Aleene's Tacky Glue thinned with water).
- Crumple and slightly smooth white tissue paper and place
over glue on cardstock.
- Leave creases, ridges and folds for texture. Tamp down with
soft brush to get good contact between tissue and base cardstock.
- Use small paintbrush to pick up a bit of Pearl Ex. Tap this
brush against another brush over the paper so that you have
scattered spots of powder all over the cs. I used Pearl Ex Interference
Gold, Blue, Violet, Red and Green for this sample.
- Work one color at a time and space around paper for good
mix of colors. After you have added spots of all colors use
larger brush to swish, swirl and brush powders around to cover
- Continue adding powders until you have full/desired coverage.
- Set aside to dry. When completely dry spray with workable
fixative for protection from smearing or rubbing.
go to the top
The images on this site are the property of Suzanne Cannon.
Use without the permission of the owner is absolutely prohibited.
For information about these images please contact