Paint and Spritz Technique*
©2008 Beth Akins
*links go to www.quietfiredesign.ca
product link will open a new window. When you are finished looking
at the new page, just close it and you will return here!
- To cold pressed watercolor paper, add a coat of gesso.
- When dry, paint a light coat of acrylic paint (the lightest
color of 3 that you have chosen for this project).
- When dry, add the medium color but leave some of the first
color showing in the middle.
- When dry, add a wash of the darkest color but don't let
- Spritz with water and let sit for a minute or two, then
wipe or dab off. A lovely mottled effect will be the result.
- When dry, stamp with a background stamp painted with a light
coat of gesso. Be sure to wash the rubber stamp quickly and
don't let the gesso dry on it.
go to the top
The images on this site are the property of Suzanne Cannon.
Use without the permission of the owner is absolutely prohibited.
For information about these images please contact